Friday, October 22, 2010

Train Ride from My Dream

 Thursday morning when I woke, I was thinking about a card with a train for a black and white theme.....had I been dreaming about making cards? Any way, I decided I had to make this card but why???
I stamped this train...a stamp form GKD "Life is Good" by Theresa Momber in black on white. I used a sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketches to complete the card. Used a sentiment from the same stamp set.
Did some faux stitching around the sentiment ...added a red strip punched with scallop edge and layered on top of a strip of black CS and ribbon. Papers are from GKD. Finished with some stitched buttons. Buttons and ribbon from stash.  Was this the card that I was making in my sleep?  Or was I on a train ride in my dream?

Good for these challenges:
Sweet Sunday Sketches: See sketch on lower right
Sentimental Sunday: Black and white plus one color plus a sentiment
Mark's Finest Papers: Use stitching on your card. Geri's challenge.
Crafty Catz Weekly: Black and White plus one color
One of the best ways to enjoy the beauty of nature is to take a train ride through a scenic area...maybe this is what I was thinking when I used this sentiment with the train.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

9 comments:

Olga said...

I love it! The layout and you just can't beat the colors!

Patti said...

Yeppers.... I dream cards too! This is awesome love the color pallet and the clean feel! Great card GF!

Betty Benton said...

How fun to wake up with an idea for a card! I love the black white and red! I'm feeling much better and finding something to enjoy most every day!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love the clean lay out.

Thank you for joining the “The Black and White Plus One!” challenge at Sentimental Sundays

~Cheryl~

Suzanne said...

This is fab. Love the image. Red seems to be the popular '1 other'. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Lynn McAuley said...

What a wonderful train!! Great layout!

Thanks, Theresa, for sharing this sensational design with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's stitching challenge!

redwasher1 said...

Theresa, this is just stunning and you know I love the image!!
Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a great masculine card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!