Monday, October 18, 2010

To Be Vertical or Horizontal-That is The Question

Have you ever made a card and could not decide if it should be horizontal or vertical? That is what happened with this card that I made for the sketch challenge from Midnight Madness and the challenge for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge.  I am waiting to add a sentiment once I decide wich way I will  use. Originally made this as a vertical card but when my DH looked at it, he turned it and liked it better as a horizontal card.

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday:  Silke is challenging us to ink and do edge distressing. I tore the edges of handmade paper mat under my focus ...distressed and inked all edges of mats. I sponged with distressin on my focus and all papers.
Midnight Madness Sketch: Shown on lower right
Stamp: Flourishes "Humming Along"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
       Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Brush Corrduroy, Aged Mahogany, Tea Dye
Copics: YR 000,00,02, R 22, YG 63,67
Papers: K& CO Patterns, Handmade Paper from Stash, Ivory Base Card
Nesties Rectangle

If you have time, vote if you like Horizontal or Vertical.
Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

6 comments:

Darsie Bruno said...

I love the soft, feminine look to your card! You've colored your image so well, and the torn paper is over the top! Thanks so much for playing with us on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! I hope you'll join us next week!
Hugs,
Darsie
MMSCDT

Patti said...

This is gorgeous... Love your soft pretty colors!

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, both versions of the Sketch are simply beautiful!!! You know I love this Humming Along Set too :) and you colored it beautifully!!! The distressing perfect too...thank you for playing again this week!!! Hugs ~S~

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Selma said...

It is beautiful either direction. Your coloring is gorgeous.

Olga said...

Either way you look at it it's a piece of art!!!!