Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oriental Theme Challenge

Found a new challenge on Saturday from Secret Crafter. This week's challenge is set by Tracie who has chosen a theme of ORIENTAL. Any project as long as it is oriental themed.
My card includes a folded paper kimono made of some unidentified paper from my stash. I layered this on a mat that I embossed with a Sizzix texture plate. Attached this to a mat of textured blue Bazzill CS and then to an ivory base card. I edged the mats with a Pilot Gold Marker Pen before I assembled.  The sentiment was stamped with Fiskars Basic Font Clear Stamps using versamark and embossing with Gold EP.  Sash is a gold mesh Ribbon. I learned this folding technique when I did this a similar card for my stamping group.
 Also entering this at Charisma Cardz Challenge: Add an extra fold to your card, maybe an easel style, gatefold, criss cross style, make a gift box, try some origami, etc.
Used origami folding technique to make kimono.

立ち寄ってくれてありがとう
Thanks for stopping by!
Theresa

7 comments:

Olga said...

Now I would of never thought of that, you are so clever! Gorgeous card.

Colleen said...

Theresa,
This is so cute. I love the color scheme.

Patti said...

Great idea! I saw your title I thought I don't even own an oriental stamp... obviously don't need one!Cool card!

downrightcrafty said...

what a fabulous idea, and great layout too
thank you for sharing with us at SCSC
Hugs Kate xx
SCSC GDT

{Jane} said...

Lovely oriental card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Helen said...

Fab card - love the folded kimono!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Mel X said...

This is fab - love the kimono.

Thanks for joining us at SCSC.

Mel X