Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How Sweet is a Shadow Box?


Inside Card

Yesterday I saw a shadow box card at Selma's Stamping Corner that was just beautiful. I decided that I had to try making one since I had not done one before. Mine is not as elaborate as Selma's but decided to make an easy one for my first try. Thanks for the idea, Selma.
Since Paper Play Challenge has a photo as inspiration for a "Colourful Cupcakes" challenge set by DT Member  Alicia,  I decided to use that as my inspiration for the shadowbox.  I stamped a tiered plate of cupcakes-stamp from Studio G-and colored brightly with Copics and jelli marker. I added sparkle with frosted lace stickles and Sakura glitter pen to the cupcakes. I cut the image with a circle die and attached to center of the inside page. I cut a circle in the middle of the outside paper. I used striped (outside) and pattern (inside) papers with glitter from a scrapbook mat by We R Memory Keepers. I decorated the front with cutout words (letters)  and cupcakes that were part of the scrapbook mat. Attached the 2 pages together which I had already double scored on the sides. 

Challenges:
PaperPlay Challenge: Use photo to the right  as inspiration.
The Pixie Cottage: Theme is to use Something Sweet. What could be Sweeter than a plate of cupcakes?
Cooking it Up with Katie: This week the recipe is: Make Mine a Double (use 2 of something), Add some Letters, Finish with some Glitter
I used a double of double cupcakes, glittered letters, and a heaping of glitter everywhere.
Charisma Cardz Challenges: Use more than one fold-add an extra fold to your card. Used folds on each side of card to create the shadow box.

16 comments:

Katie said...

What a fabulous and fun card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie and playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Selma said...

Theresa your shadow box card is "yummy". I love how you have the cupcakes on the inside as well as on the outside frame. I love making shadow box cards, don't you. Your card is fabulous! Thanks for linking to my shadow box.

Colleen said...

Theresa,
What a fabulous card. It's just the sweetest!

Patti said...

This is just the sweetest! Love all the bright and cheery colors and the cupcakes look yummy!

Sadilla said...

Hi
very pretty card... I like the lay out and the structure of the card is so nice and original!
Thanks for sharing at The Pixie Cottage this week!
hugs
Sadia

Olga said...

perfect! So yummy and no calories LOL! Your card is just fantastic!!!

Anne said...

What a sweet card! Beautiful work =) Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne

Payne Holler Cards said...

tooooo sweet! LOL this is really cute - love your cupcakes extended on the front! perfect for your challenges (-:

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, supercute cupcakes! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cooking it up with Katie and good luck
claire xx

Tanya R said...

This is fantastic. Love the colors and the dimension. Thank you for sharing it with The Pixie Cottage.
Hugs
Tanya

paola said...

This is SO SWEET! love your shadow box and the choice of colors, thanks for playing on the Pixie cottage
smiles
Paola

Adrina said...

What a SWEEEET shadow box!!!
Lovely.
Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Tammy said...

Wow what a gorgeous shadow box! I love the colors! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Cheryl said...

oh you have made one gorogues shadow box here love the papers you have used too bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week hope to see you again soon,hugs cheryl xxxx

Carolina said...

Very pretty shadow box. Great image and colours. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie this week

Chrissie said...

This really is a sweet card, thanks so much for joining in with this week's recipe at Cooking it up with Katie!
Chrissie