Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grow Old With Me.....

Cooking It Up With Katie comes up with some great recipes....for cards that is, not food.  This week's recipe from Katie is:  Start with a Quote, Use some Chipboard, and Finish with a little Red. I also wanted to tie this in with inspiration from a song  title for Allsorts challenge and for challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.
I printed out the quote "Grow Old with Me" that I had downloaded at Sentimental Sundays from Raindrop Echo Designs. I cut this with an oval die and matted on gold CS cut with a scalloped oval. I used a chipboard cutout received in a blog candy.  I inked it with versamark and embossed with Gold EP. Guess I could have just colored with a Gold Pilot marker but thought I would get more sparkle this way.  Found the music sheet pattern paper in my stash that I have had forever...it was perfect to use as mat for my "musical" card. Attached "LOVE" with gold brad and added the metal heart of red ...my finish with a little red. Used a base card of oyster pearl from paper stash.
The song that I took for my inspiration: "Grow Old with Me" by John Lennon.

Challenges:
Cooking It Up with Katie: See Recipe Above
Tuesday Throwdown: Use chipboard on your project
Allsorts Challenge: Take Inspiration from a Song Title. John Lennon's "Grow Old With Me"

Another card to give DH for our Anniversary. Thanks for stopping by!
Theresa

9 comments:

Patti said...

This must be a tribute to John Lennon... his birthday yesterday! He would have been 70. Super awesome card, love the background paper!

Olga said...

I like that song too, gorgeous card!!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Beautiful card Theresa great chipboard and I love the teture in your card x
Thanks for joining us at Cooking it up with katie this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Betty Benton said...

Just terrific, Theresa! Love how you merged the challenges together to make a fantastic card!

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card.Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie this week.xxx

Fleur said...

Wow a beautiful card,
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Davi said...

Great quote...make a fab card with great dp and chipboard. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

Tammy said...

Wonderful card and fantastic quote! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card, the background is lovely

thanks for joining in with my musical theme this week :o)

Hugs

Amanda xx