Thursday, October 14, 2010

Framed Vase under Acetate

I tied together two challenges with this card- TMITA and JUGS.
At There's Magic in the Air, Carol challenged us to showcase an image within a frame on your project. They have an image "Deco Flower Vase 2" to download  from Paper Cupcakes that we can use or one of your choice. 
I decided to add some acetate to my frame and this picks up on the technique challenge from Lisa at Just Us Girls -  using acetate on your card by making a clear card or using it as an accent.
I printed and sized the digital image, paper pieced the vase, and colored the rest with Copics.  Sponged the image. I cut my frame from gold CS and ran through an EF. Thinking in hindsight - I would not emboss the frame next time because it does distort the size a bit and it did not frame my image exactly as I planned.  Or I could cut the image a little larger or the same size as frame.  But I just worked with that and used the image( as I had already cut it) and the frame over the patterned mat with a edge showing between the two layers. I attached the frame to the acetate with Glossy Accents and attached to the mat with scor-tape.  Made my own corner embellishments by punching out dots of the embossed Gold CS and double layered the dots with glue dots. Added a gold twine bow and sticker sentiment to finish.

Other details:
K&Co patterned Papers, GKD Gold CS, White Base Card
Used Tom Holtz Distress Ink Tead Dye on edges of Mat and Base Card
Other ink used: SU So Saffron
                         Copics YR 12, 14, Y17
SRM Sticker for Sentiment
Spellbinders Labels 4

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty! What a great idea! You are so clever :) Thanks for sharing...have a good day!

Olga said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love your frame!!! I'll be doing that, thanks!

Georgei said...

What a pretty card you did
I like the color that you use
very pretty card

Pat said...

Lovely card, great papers. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Paper Cupcakes this week.

Pat xx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is gorgeous, Theresa! I just wanted to make sure I wished you a Happy Anniversary!

Patti P. said...

Thanks for playing at Paper Cupcakes, Theresa. I love your frame and the colors that you used are wonderful. Great use of the spellbinders as a frame.

Stampin' Pam said...

Very pretty - love the flowers in the nestie frame - nice use of acetate. Thanks for making JUGS one of your stops along the challenge road!

Andrea M said...

Lovely card! Wonderful take on the acetate challenge!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! We appreciate your support!!!

Jessie said...

It's beautiful Theresa and I love that you used acetate! Thanks for playing along with us at PaperCupcakes :)

Kathy Czygan said...

This is so pretty! I love your use of the acetate!

Dru said...

This is so pretty Theresa - I love all the shades of green accented with the gold - very earthy and elegant at the same time! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Cupcakes this week!

Patti said...

You get an "A" from me on this one! Done to perfection!

CraftinGranny said...

You wowed this one Theresa! I love what you've done with the image and your frame. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Cupcakes this week!
"Hugs" Carol

Nilla said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcakes! Hugs Nilla

Nina said...

This is so pretty Theresa! I love the golds/browns and greens in this, very stunning. Kind of feels vintage as well. So lovely! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at Paper Cupcakes!
Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA w Paper Cupakes Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps