Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Leaves


 Patti P had the challenge at There's Magic in the Air this week and asked us to make a project from inspiration that we receive from a photo of fall leaves.  The photo reminded me of some paper I made a couple of years ago using some fall leaves from our yard....we have tons of leaves to rake so there is no shortage of beautiful leaves in the fall. I placed an arrangement of the leaves on my scanner and produced the image using Photoshop. I filed this so I can always size and print this DP that I designed. I have printed this on HP glossy brochure paper to use for these cards.

Now back to the TMITA challenge...I used a paper Cupcakes image
called "Cornucopia"  that I printed and colored with Copics. Cut with nesties Matted this on what was yellow CS but I sponged with distress inks and ended up with a mat of a different color. Used a base card of pumpkin spice and added a mat of my "DP" that I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Victoria.  Finished with a simple sentiment.

The 2 cards shown on the right were made by matting some of my embossed Leaves "DP" on pumpkin spice and added a rub on to the upper right card and a round sticker on the lower right one. May make some of these more for a box of cards for a gift. Simple but original.

Challenges:
Magical Monday Challenges at TMITA: Be inspired by photo.
Sentimental Sunday: Autumn or Fall with sentiment
Craftalicious Challenge: Havest Festival /Autumn
Mad for Markers Challenge: Color digital image with Copics

The leaves are already falling here as the temperatures are dipping into the 40's and may be in the 30's tonight. Please check out my Autumn blog candy that I posted Here.

18 comments:

Patti P. said...

I love your paper that you made, great creative idea (would never have thought about it). Your mums in your banner are so pretty. Mine were not as pretty when I took my picture. May try again. Thanks so much for playing at TMITA, I really appreciate your faithfulness and trying my challenge this week. Your coloring on the image is lovely. TFS

Joanna K said...

Beautiful autumnal creation... I love it! Thank you for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;)

Jennie said...

Just beautiful Theresa and love the fall paper you used...

Patti said...

Love this ... the fall colors a perfect! Great take on the challenge!

Dru said...

Beautiful autumn card - love your DP! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Paper Cupcakes!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wow...a lot of love , time, and color went into this. So inspiring!!

Kathy Czygan said...

Oh, I love the DP idea! You must have one gorgeous yard in the fall if these leaves are any indication! Your cards using this paper are so beautiful! The embossing on it is a lovely touch and your coloring on the cornucopia is stunning!

Nina said...

Linda, what a gorgeous card! First I love you dp and how creative and wonderful they are leaves right from your yard! I think I will be do that myself, if we have any pretty ones like that this year with lack of rain. The embossing adds a lovely interest of texture as well. What a perfect image to use for this challenge as well! I love your other 2 cards as well they are just beautiful and rich in color!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA with Paper Cupcakes!

Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA w Paper Cupakes Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Nina said...

Shoot, sorry Theresa, I wrote Linda, dang, my fingers don't always listen to my brain.... I knew exactly where I was and who I was typing to as well... I am so sorry! Of course as soon as I hit post comment I went "oh no" :O~

Gloria Westerman said...

How clever....I never thought to scan something.....well you did a incredible job.....love it....thank you so much for playing with us at Paper Cupcake......

CraftinGranny said...

Theresa, this is one beautiful card and I love the background. Fantastic coloring! "Hugs" Carol

mudmaven said...

Marvelous colors! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Sentimental Sundays. ~chris

Sue said...

Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at 'Mad for Markers'.
hugs
Sue

Tasha said...

Great autumn card :-)
Thanks for joining us over at Craftalicious
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxx

Sammi said...

LOVELY colours! Gorgeous job! Thanks for joining in our Colouring a digi challenge at Mad for Markers!
Sammi
xx

Crafteezee said...

That was soooooo creative of you, what a fabulous idea. Love your creation. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs Tracy x

Emma said...

Love those fall colors! Thanks so much for joining us over at Mad For Markers!

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous card, clever way to make your own paper, it is beautiful. Thank you for joining us in our Copic Colouring a Digi Image Challenge over at Mad for Markers, hope to see again soon, take careX:)