Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Couple Celebrating Life Together


This card just makes me smile when I look at it. Isn't that why we make cards...to make people smile... and my husband smiled all day on our anniversary after he opened this card that I made just for him.
I used a Meljens digital image "Teddy Bear Couple"  that I won from Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.  I merged the digi  image onto a photo taken several years ago of a special spot in our yard of a bench where we love to sit together. This was done through the magic of  Photoshop. The photo on the right was made during Halloween.
I then printed the scene and colored the digi with Copics. Completed the card with a sticker and edged with a gold marker which partly covered the sentiment. Oops. Used a gold metallic mat from DCWV and attached to base card. This area in the yard has more mature trees and plants now...just as we are now more mature ( a nicer way to say we getting older).

Just happened to come across a challenge that fits this card...could not resist it.
Challenges to enter:
Digi Doodle Shop: These are my Peeps-use any type of image (Stamp, photo, etc.) of a Person and/or People. It can be someone you know, or not at all.
Teddy Stampers: Fall colors....there are fall colors in trees and background.
There's Magic in the Air: Frame it Out

17 comments:

♥♥ CHARITYCRAFTER! ♥♥ said...

I love this card x It brought a smile and boy did I need it x Leigh x

Diane said...

What a clever thing to do for a special card! Thank you for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck!
Diane x

Colleen said...

Theresa,
This is a Beary cute anniversary card. I love what you did with your photo shop program.

Olga said...

I love it! It's so darn cute!!!! you are so good on the computer!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Adorable! I bet he loved it!

Betty Benton said...

Love how you used your picture background as the background for this darling image! I can just imagine the smile on hubby's face!

Patti said...

I bet you DH smiled! This is so sweet, love your little images.

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh this is sooooo romantic! I know he loved it!! you are a whiz with the computer = love what you did over at Olga's (-:
hugs

Kathy Czygan said...

This is so creative Theresa! Thanks for sharing this idea! I'll bet your hubby did smile when he saw this special place on your card with the sweet little aging teddys. Very Cute!

Nina said...

Oh my the magic of the spot and photoshop! So very creative and fun idea as well. I love that they are sharing your special spot! The bears are just too cute as well!! Such a fun card! Thanks for playing again with our challenge this week over at Paper Cupcakes!
Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA w Paper Cupakes Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Dru said...

What a sweet story and card to go with it! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Cupcakes!

Katja said...

Pretty cute card!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.
Greetings,
Katja (DDSB-DT)

WeirdCat said...

I love the idea of merging a digi image with a photograph, great card, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Tina said...

OMG that is so darn cute! I love the image on that background! :D Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best! Hugs!

skylife said...

Life really is good. And to make the person next to you happy is do great! Wish you lots and lots more anniversaries together.

Thanks for sharing with us at DDSB

Cherie said...

What a lovely story I love your card so clever to use the background photo.
Thanks for sharing it with Teddy Stampers,
Here's to many more happy years,
hugs cherie

Sharon Keanly said...

What a stunning card Theresa. Just love it! Thanks for joining us at Teddy Stampers. Happy anniversary! hugs Sharon