Sunday, October 17, 2010

Challenge for Joan's Garden

Joan's Garden always has the most interesting challenges and this week is no exception. Her Challenge: Paper-Flower background paper - preferably Webster Pages, Rosette or paper flower, Stamp - Sentiment - preferably JustRite, Border Punch -preferably Martha Stewart. I do  not have any Webster's Pages...must get some....but I think I found a paper in my stash that works. Made a rosette flower...just winged this.
Here's how the card came together-Started with a base card of GKD PL Smokey Slate and layered with a mat of floral paper from Me & My Big Ideas that I bought eons ago and had been saving. I used a Martha Stewart punch Scallop Dot along the lower edge and embossed with CB EF Diamonds. I made the flower from Gold Parchment paper by cutting with a circle die and pleating. Finished with a Basic Grey Brad and attached with scor tape. Stamped the sentiment from "Say it with Flowers" by Melanie from GKD using Memento ink Potter's Clay. My husband thought this card had an Asian feel....said my flower looks like a parasol.

Also to entered this in Perfectly Placed Pleats Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. •Create a project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates pleats in an innovative way.

Thanks for stopping by! Theresa

7 comments:

Olga said...

Lots of challenges in one card, I love Joan's challenges too, got to make time to it, yours is perfect!!!

Patti said...

Absolutely beautimus! I love all the elements you squeezed into this card!

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful Card!!! I love your background paper and you did a great job on your rosette.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #19 Weekly Challenge. It sure is fun seeing all ghe beautiful entries.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Viola Mahr said...

What a cute, shabby card! and beautiful pleated flower too! All the best on the Moxie Fab challenge; and hugs from a fellow-contestant! :)

Viola
www.violamahr.typepad.com

Selma said...

Theresa this is stunning. I love everything about it.

Sandy Ang said...

Fantastic combination of stamping !

Cath said...

Hey Theresa! Thanks for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)