Friday, September 10, 2010

When Life Gives You Paper Scraps......

This week the Basic Grey challenge is to use some Paper Piecing on your creations. I like to do paper piecing especially on quilt cards because my Mother is a quilter and she likes to receive my cards with quilts...quess she always wanted me to take up that craft.
I took my color inspiration from a pattern paper from Basic Grey paper pad "Olivia". This paper just looks like a fabric to use on a  quit.  I stamped the quilt on pink CS and the pattern paper  and then did the piecing and colored in the pinwheel design with copics. Stamped the Quilt hanger on white CS and colored with copics. Paper pieced the hearts on the wood.  Hung the quilt and added hearts and sentiments. Layered on Kraft CS and then onto the base card of pink.
Other Challenge:
Crafty Catz Weekly: Use Paper Piecing

 Stamp: GKD "Nana's Needlework"  by Nina
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa
Paper: Basic Grey "Olivia"
          Pink, Kraft, White CS from stash

7 comments:

Patti P. said...

Wow, this is great, I love to paper piece and this paper is perfect. You did a wonderful job with the copics...wish I had some of those to try! Maybe someday. Beautiful card.

Patti said...

Your Mom will love this! Such a pretty quilt! My sis is a quilter... I like things with instant gratification :')

Nancy said...

What a pretty card! I very much agree about BG's papers looking like fabric used in quilts - must be why I love it. My grandmother was & my mom is a quilter.
Thanks for stopping by my blog with the SimonSays blog hop!

Rica said...

What a beautiful, elegant card, fabulous paper piecing, gorgeous colours and I just love the sentiment.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Basic Grey.
hugs Heather xx

carol said...

lovely card, i too love paper piecing, thanks for joining craftycatz x carol

Payne Holler Cards said...

to make a real quilt is too daunting a task for me! love to paper piece them though and you have created such a beauty...love your coloring - wood is awesome!

Lindsey said...

What a great card! I love the design and the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x