Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Surprised with the End Result!

I made this card for Joan's Garden Challenge and the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge.
For Joan's Gardens  Thursday Challenge #15.... make a card or project this week and use the following:
Color - Orange, Green and Blue
Embellishment - Printed Ribbon and something hanging
3 different prints - can include ribbon print
Distress with ink
I am so glad Joan did not require us to use a stamp because I did not use one...had planned to use a stamp but my paper choice inspired me to go another direction. I found this pattern paper in my stash with all the right colors, added the orange pattern that I dry embossed, and used another dotted  paper  for the mat under the oval cut out of the flower. I did use distress ink around the edges of the base card and pattern paper mats. I assembled the card using ivory base card and a mat of pumpkin spice following the sketch (see on the right)  to place the pattern papers. Added the printed ribbon and my hanging embellishment. For that, I wired together some heart shaped beads, floral beads, an ivory bead, and a larger bead from an old hat. I attached it with a green brad.
Added one more bead to  upper right corner.  After I had finished the card, I had one more idea.....cut out another flower that I used as my focus. I shaped the petals for dimension and glued some orange beads to the center. Attached the flower with pop ups ....this was a great finish. Love how the card turned out ...better than I expected when I started the challenge.

Papers: GKD PL Pumpkin Spice, Ivory CS from Stash
            K&CO Pattern Papers (3)
Ribbon: Martha Stewart
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Brown Corduroy
Nesties Ovals
Cuttlebug EF Swirls and Swiss Dots
Beads from Stash and Basic Grey Brad

This is a card that seemed to evolve on its own once I found the right paper.
Hope you like as much as I do.
Theresa

10 comments:

Priscilla said...

Wow Theresa, this is just AMAZING.. one of my faves so far this week. I am so excited and thrilled that you entered it. It is a true feast for the eyes. The textures, image and beads blend so well together. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Betty Benton said...

Spectacular, Theresa! Sure caught my eye!

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Theresa! This is just sooo beautiful! I so love this DP and that flower is just sooooooo perfect with it!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!

Connie
MMDT-GD

Joan Fricker said...

Theresa, your card is so beautiful. I love how you cut out the flower. The paper is just perfect for this challenge. Everything about it is just perfect!!!! I love it.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #15 Weekly challenge. I love seeing everyones creativity.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Patti said...

I LOVE it! Stunning! That flower is amazing!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh wow - bet this is a winner!! stunning - that dp and flower are incredible - yep, this is a winner!

Valerie said...

Very pretty card. I just love the colors and paper you used.

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is beautiful!!! Love the orange and blue together! Hugs, Karen

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt - Theresa this is divine! I love those colours, they are delish!! Gorgeous texture and embellishing - this is a favourite with me with week! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate you support and would love to see you join us again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team!

Carol said...

Theresa this is magnificent. I love how all your papers coordinate so well together. You were absolutely right about using this flower instead of a stamp. Your card is just gorgeous. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team