Sunday, September 5, 2010

Softly Afloat for TMITA

At There's Magic in the Air this week, the challenge by Marie was to use any Paper Cupcake's Image and use no patterned paper on your project. You can emboss, stamp, score etc. to make a pattern, but no store bought patten paper can be used.  I used one of my favorite digital images from Paper Cupcakes "Softly Afloat" which I colored with Copics Y13,YR02,12,18 and framed with score lines. I attached to a green mat and then to the base card. I first dry embossed the base card with a Fiskars Texture Plate and highlighted the raised areas by inking with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink. Cardstock was all from stash. I like the simplicity of this card with out any embellishments. I may add a stamped sentiment when I send this card.
Other challenge:
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Let's go digital.

Thanks for dropping in for a visit. Enjoy the holiday weekend.
Theresa

6 comments:

Patti said...

Boy you really rocked this challenge! Love your embossing... beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Cupcakes!

Faye said...

This is a wonderful project with a gorgeously coloured image. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. x

Jessie said...

Awesome card and I love the embossed background the ink added so much depth! Thanks for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!

Patti P. said...

Theresa, thanks so much for being so faithful and playing at TMITA...this is one of my favs too and love the colors you used. The texture plate is a perfect match for this image.

Dru said...

Love what you did with this challenge and the happy summer colors! Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing and playing along again this week!

Nina said...

Theresa, for not having any pp you did make a great inked dry embossed design! It's just beautiful and I love your colors and simple design as well as your scored lines on the image. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
Paper Cupcake's Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps