Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Purple is a Challenge For Me!

A challenge with purple...what to do?...I never buy purple...but I found one sheet of Mulberry which was double sided ...one side is burgundy and one side...you guessed it...RICH PURPLE! I had bought it to use the burgundy side.
Joan's Garden Challenge is to make a card or project this week and use the following:
Color - Deep rich purple
Embellishment - a Spellbinders Pendant - or a    punch making a design
Cut out flower that you color
Punched Border

This was quite the challenge for me because first I had to find some purple -did that-and second I do not  have a Spellbinders Pendant. I created my own "Pendant" with a border punch and a 3" square. If  you punch each side lining up the center in the center of the punch you will create a design with most border punches. You may have to trim the corners a bit to make the design work. I have done this before....probably will work on larger squares too.
I started with a light green base, then layered a mat of the purple mulberry, and then a mat of patterned paper that picks up the green and  lighter purples.  Punched a border of the purple for across the bottom. Dressed it up with some pearls. Saved the bits of scraps from punches and made a decorative edge on the left side of card. I have said I never throw any thing away. My lacy edged "Pendant" was used under my cut out flowers made with Blossom dies. I added color to the flowers with Copics and attached layers with a brad. Dressed up the flower with leaves, floliage, and hat pins.

Other Challenges:
Simon Says Challenge: Pearls and Lace. Border is a floral lace punch.
Craftalicious Challenges: Theme is purple and green.
Wild Orchid Challenge: Use Pearls and Pins.

Papers: Paper Co. Mulberry
            Bazzill Green CS
            K & CO Pattern Paper
            Green CS Scraps
Punch: Martha Stewart Floral Lace
Pearls: Kaisercraft
Spellbinders: Blossom Nesties

9 comments:

Patti said...

Well aren't you the cleaver one! This is stunning!

Marcea said...

absolutely gorgeous creation. Wonderful colours.
Thankyou so much for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp. Remember lots of the DT have candy up for grabs also sponsored by Simon Says Stamp!
-x-

Rita said...

Loved how you used the scraps from the punches!

Joan Fricker said...

I love your 'handmade" pendant. It is great when you get to be creative for the challenge.
Beautiful paper too. Everything about it is just stunning.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #13 weekly challenge. I just love looking at the beautiful cards.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

JanJay said...

Gorgeous card & I love your flower

Thanks so much for playing along at Craftalicious this week

Jan xx

elsi67 said...

Lovely card! Thank you so much for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

Newbie said...

Thanks for showing me how to use punches in a way I would have never thought of!!! Love the card and the colors! You did an excellent job! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Mandy said...

Theresa your card is gorgeous, love your handmade pendant and the pretty flower, I'm another that doesn't do purple and boy did I struggle lol.
Thanks so much for joining us at Craftalicious
hugs Mandy xx

Kianel said...

Gorgeous creation,
love from France, Kianel.