Friday, September 3, 2010

Lighthouse on Fabric

I have never stamped on fabric or used fabric other than ribbon on a card.  When I read this challenge from Basic Grey challenges-"This week we would love to see some Fabric used on your creations and at least one item of BasicGrey", I decided to give it a try. I had won this lighthouse stamp from Just for Fun Stamps and decided this was a good time to use it. I stamped on a piece of interfacing which I thought would be a good  fabric because it will fray easily on the edges and has an interesting texture as well. I used Memento Tuxedo black for the image and then colored with Copics. Had to use the colorless blender when I had too much ink and it spread beyond the lines. But overall it came out ok. When I finished the image and adjusted the size by trimming and fraying the edges, I used scor-tape to attach to the mat of Basic Grey striped paper from Oliver paper pack. Placed this on a base card that matched the sand color on the image. I printed the sentiment on the computer. Thought of adding some brads to the corners but decided I like the simple look as it is.
Other challenges that I had in mind as I made this card:
City Crafter Challenge:  Create a project with either the word "light" in it or has an image of something that gives light.
Cute Card Thursday:  Feature some material on your card somewhere.

The card looks better in real life ...not as dark as the photo shows and it has great texture.
Thanks for dropping by! Hope the lighthouse lighted the way.
Theresa

11 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great stamp on fabric, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Rica said...

Brilliant stamping and colouring, love the effect of stamping and colouring on fabric. A gorgeous card and I love the sentiment.
Thanks so much for joining us at Basic Grey.
hugs Heather xx

Helen said...

Lovely card - the stamping on fabric is really effective!
Helen x

PS - thanks for linking my candy - good luck!

june lanum said...

really turned out nice. ..........thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Patti P. said...

What a fun challenge and I think you aced it...love the image and your coloring. Good luck.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Fantabulous! LOVe that lighthouse image! It looks so great on fabric! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Annika said...

It's so lovely, the texture of fabric adds so much interest that you were right not to add any more embellies!!!
Hugs
Annika

Ros said...

This looks great! ... your colouring is super duper ... Thanks for playing along at CCCB

~amy~ said...

amazing work...love the stamped fabric...

Patti said...

What a great technique! Love the scene you created!

Lisa Andrews said...

Very creative! Thanks for joining us at CCT