Thursday, September 2, 2010

Falling Leaves Are Soon To Come

Our ninety degree temperatures have me wishing for fall weather.  Guess that is why I was thinking fall when I made this card for Teddy Stampers' sketch challenge and Just for Fun's Challenge.
I forget where I purchased this cute bear playing in the leaves last spring but have been waiting til fall to use. I started with a base card of off white and a mat of olive green . I dry embossed a strip of yellow cs and wrapped with red and green twine. After stamping my bear, I colored the image with Copics colors red, olive,yellow and brown and matted him on a circle of red. Sponged color on for grass and sky. Stamped some leaves on yellow cs and cut out as embellies.  Finished with some paper piercing and a sentiment in red.
Challenges:
Teddy Stampers: Sketch on right
Just For Fun: Challenge 26- colors red, olive, yellow
Our Creative Corner: Colors shown on right
Just Cute Bears: Use embossing of any kind

Stamps: Great Impressions "Bear In Leaves"
             Hero Arts: Leaves
             SU: Sentiment
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves, Summer Sky, and Red
Papers: Red, Olive, White, Off White, Yellow CS from stash
Cuttlebug: EF Herringbone
Nesties Circle Dies

I just received my order of new bear stamps from Lili of the Valley.  Cannot wait to use....they are so cute. Thanks for stopping by.
Theresa

Note: It looks as Just For Fun has cancelled their Color Challenge #26 if you use my link to go there.


9 comments:

Annie said...

a lovely teddy card in autumnal shades! thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears and at Teddy Stampers too.
hugs, annie x

Patti P. said...

Hey there, what a great card...loving your leaves, beautiful job! This is a cute stamp...thanks so much for the congrats on Isabella's, sorry about that...I think I see your name winning a lot of stuff too, lol. Some days I think you should play the lottery. I am so going to miss that challenge. I am ready for cooler weather...don't do hot so well. I am going to check out Our Creative Corner, never seen that before. Thanks for the heads up.

Helen said...

Such a cute card!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x

Rene' Sharp said...

Hi Theresa. Wow, love your card, that image is just gorgeous!! This is a lovely Fall card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Teddy Stampers. x

Sharon Keanly said...

A gorgeous take on our sketch and just love the cut out leaves you've placed on your card. thanks so much for joining in the fun at Teddy Stampers again Theresa, such a pleasure visiting your blog. hugs Sharon

Patti said...

You have the cutest little bear stamps! This is beary,beary cute!

jenny said...

Gorgeous card and such a sweet bear!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears x

Jenny xx

Sandra said...

Beautiful card...such a cute image...thanks for joining us this week at Just Cute Bears....

Take care
San x

Cherie said...

Gorgeous and cute love your card, Thanks for joining Teddy Stampers,
hugs cherie