Sunday, September 26, 2010

Color Challenge at STV

Janice at Stamp TV challenged us this week to use brown, red, green, and ivory in a card...one of her favorite combos.  I found this K&Co pattern paper  with all the colors but it is predominantly brown. I started playing around with it and used a base card of ivory matted with brown then green then the pattern. Solid CS all from GKD. For my focus I began experimenting to do more than just stamp a flower and color it red. So, I stamped the doily stamp from GKD "Nana' Needlework" by Nina with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink on ivory CS and cut the center portion out with Nesties Blossom die. Then I cut slits around the image and shaped into a "flower" after I sponged with the Memento Rhubarb Stalk and New Sprout inks. I cut a larger Blossom out of Brown CS, shaped it and layered it under my flower with some ribbon leaves. Maybe should have done 3? I added a ribbon with a sentiment from GKD "Candles on a Cake" by Melanie to complete the card. A simple card with layers of paper and ribbon.

Thanks for dropping by.
Theresa

2 comments:

Patti said...

You might think it's simple... I think its magnificent! Love the flower!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is so pretty, great card...just checking to see if you received your Verve stamps sets, I sure hope so!

enjoy *~*