Saturday, September 25, 2010

Browns---Redoing Post to Correct Link Problem

I could not link this card to the challenges so I am redoing my post from yesterday....


The challenge at Basic Grey Challenges is a wonderful sketch by Tara G shown to the right. I had started out trying to use some Basic Grey paper but it did not look right so I changed. One of the requirements for this challenge is to use a Basic Grey product so I used Basic Grey Cappella brads on the center of the flowers. I chose to use Browns and Tans plus some cream to meet the color challenges at Joan's Gardens, Critter Sketch and PaperPlay.
I followed the layout using a brown floral paper which I colored in the flowers tan to give better contrast and to match the image flower. The image was stamped on cream CS, colored with Copics, cut with circle die and layered on 2 more circles. I used a striped paper, a dot paper and a solid cream that I dry embossed. Instead of using a punch for the border shown in the layout, I trimmed a diamond print pattern paper to use as a zigzag border. Actually used 7 different papers in total. Assembled all on cream base CS and added buttons to the embossed strip.
Challenges:
Basic Grey Challenge: Use Tara's sketch and a Basic Grey Product
Critter Sketch Challenge: No Color-use only use neutral colors- tans, beige, brown, cream and so forth.
PaperPlay Challenges: Theme is Coffee and Cream. Use only shades of brown on your creation.
Joan's Garden Challenge: Make a card or project and use the following: Color - Brown and Tan, Embellishment - Buttons, 3 Layers (preferably Nesties), and Fall Flower.

Stamp: GKD Lily "A Year of Flowers"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics
Papers: DCWV La Creme Matstack
Cream and Brown CS from Stash
Nesties: 3 Circle Dies
Cuttlebug: EF Herringbone
Brads: Basic Grey Brown Cappella Series
Buttons: Lansing Brown Pearl Buttons ...these were some very old buttons still on an aged card in my collection.
That's how I knew the manufacturer. When I googled the buttons, I found they are vintage.
I should have kept intact since they are collector item???

My card is brown although it may look black in the photo.
I seldom make a card with no color but it turned out OK.
Thanks for stopping by.
Theresa

Note:Saved from initial post that I had to redo from yesterday
3 comments:

Sue W said... This is stunning Theresa! Love your layout and colouring the dp was a great idea! Good luck with the challenges.
Patti P. said...
It turned out much better than o.k.....I love all the texture and patterns together. The browns are beautiful. I love monochromatic cards and especially this one.
Patti said...
This is amazing... totally love the color scheme!

5 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

What a pretty card you have created. I love the neutral tones you have used. The button adds so much too. Great job!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #16 weekly challenge. How fun is this!!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Olga said...

This is beautiful!

Nancy said...

Your card is very pretty! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Deirdre said...

So beautiful - love what you created.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Moira said...

Love it.. thanks for playing at the Critter Challenge blog... hope you join us for this weeks sketch challenge!!