Sunday, September 12, 2010

Books Make the Best Friends

Many times when I make a card I select the DP first and paint a image to go with the colors of the paper. This time I colored the image and then selected the paper.... I believe this paper is a perfect match to my image...not only the colors but love the vintage look of the floral print with the vintage image of the girl reading by the window. She looks to be from the late 1800's or early 1900's by the way she is dressed. I love her sailor dress with the petticoat and her accessories. I imagine she is on a summer holiday at the beach and loves to read...her books are her friends when she is away from home and friends. Over her shoulder you can see the beach.
This vintage image is a freebie digital from Paulette from Create with TLC. Love her great digital images.  I colored with Copics and sponged the wall background. I cut the image and green mats with nesties and assembled card using a sketch from Midnight Madness. Added some flowers that I cut out on the reverse side of  DP with pop ups. I think the sentiment is a nice finish for the card.

Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Theme is Books and Stories
Midnight Madness Sketch: Sketch #70 shown on right
Creatalicious Challenges:  Vintage- I used vintage image.
One Stop Craft Challenge:  Fashion throughout the years
Scrap-Creations: A children's  theme creation

Stamps: Create with TLC Digital Image "School Time Vintage"     
             Mark's Finest Papers Sentiment "Thankful Mums and Pumpkin"
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk and New Sprouts
Papers: Pattern Tracy Porter Make & Create
            Green CS Bazzill
             Ivory CS from Stash
Nesties Rectangles

13 comments:

Patti said...

This is amazing... the dp looks like wallpaper in on a wall behind her!

Connie M. said...

This is just so pretty, Theresa! I love the old time feeling to this image, and the papers you paired with it!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!

Connie M.
MMDT-GD

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Theresa - this is so pretty - your image is adorable and that DP perfect!!! I love the feminine feel you have happening here! Love it! it is great to have you play along for this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and would love to see you again! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Faye said...

Oh this is such a wonderful card, I love the Enid Blyton feel and what you've done with our books and stories theme. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake. xx

Valerie said...

Such a great card, I just love the paper you used.

Sharon Keanly said...

A beautiful card Theresa, love that stamp. You've chosen the paper to match perfectly. Well done. hugs Sharon x

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,love the gorgeous DP and fabulous image!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a cute friends card! That image is so sweet! Love those flower embellishments too! What a great take on the sketch challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness.
Denise
MMDT
I have blog candy available if you are interested!

Suzi said...

Fabulous card, love the DP and the image. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Kristen said...

Oh My cuteness!!! Love your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Going Grey at scrap-Creations!

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful I love that vintage image coloured perfectly your papers and design I love thank you so much for joining us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shelley said...

What a cute image, I love the vintage style and the dress is so cute. Thanks for joining us in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge.
Hugs Sheley xx

Cat Spicer a.k.a. Spicey Cat Chick said...

What a great vintage image - done up beautifully! So happy to see you at OSCC and thrilled to find another MMSC lover!