Monday, August 30, 2010

A Rose with Olivia and Oliver

This card was made for challenges to use a rose, for sponging inside a die and for a sketch challenge. I used a rose stamp from GKD "A Year of Flowers" by Melanie that I stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink and Bamboo Leaves ink and colored with Copics. I cut the image out with a Nesties circle die and sponged around the image with Bamboo Leaves ink  while it was still in the die.  Following the sketch on the right, I used mats of Basic Grey Olivia floral pattern paper and Oliver distressed green paper that I embossed with CB EF Victoria and assembled the card. I used a white CS for the base card. Added a white ribbon to finish.
Challenges:
Alphabet Challenges: R is for Roses.
Friday Sketchers: Sketch by Claudia Rosa
STV Challenge: Highlight using nesties.

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful job with your rose, Theresa! And I love the backing that you did with Oliver and Olivia! Well done!

Patti said...

WOWZERS.... Your rose is amazing! Soooo pretty!

Carolina said...

Lovely card and very pretty.
Thank you for joining the Alphabet challenge

Bev said...

Beautiful card - love the colours. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Janneke said...

Beautiful card ;o)
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week.

Janneke