Monday, August 2, 2010

Quilt Card That My Mom Might Like

My Mother has so many beautiful quilts but I never could get interested in that craft...not enough patience, I guess.
This week I found some stitching challenges and one involves quilts. Maybe I will quilt after all but with Paper. Linda at Stamp TV challenged us do a "quilt" card - and you do not have to sew or you may sew. Linda always has a twist and this week the "twist" is "you can only use a sentiment - NO IMAGE 
Basic Grey Challenges asked us to use some stitching on our creations, this can be real or faux, maybe even both, the choice is completely up to you, must use Basic Grey product.
I combined the 2 challenges and came up with this.
Love the colors...papers really make this quilt, and yes, Linda, I used some scraps. My Mother always used scraps...that I did learn from her.

Papers: Basic Grey "Max and Whiskers" dots, floral, 2 patterns and distress solid
            Base card and sentiment on White Georgia-Pacific
Ink: SU Only Orange for stamping and distressing
Stamp: GKD "Nana's Needlework Sentiments" by Nina
Tag cut with Spellbinder Ribbon Tag Trip and attached with MS Orange Seam Binding
Cut out some of the floral designs and added to my squares for that appliqued look.
Sewing done with my Old Pfaff sewing machine.....over 40 years old and it keeps stitching!

Pretty quilt to look at but won't keep you warm at night but who needs to warm up in this weather! Found some other pretty quilt designs to do...maybe more to come.
Theresa

3 comments:

Olga said...

what a beauty! That quilt is fantastic!!!!

Sue W said...

OM Goodness Theresa this is beautiful! I make quilts and I'd love to one with these colours ~~~ Beautiful! You've got me thinking!

TaraG said...

WOW! This is just fabulous, Theresa! What a stunning creation. Such a great use of the stitching challenge and I love the Max and Whiskers BG papers. The perfect sentiment too!
Thanks so much for joining us at BG Challenges!
Hugs,t