Saturday, August 28, 2010

One Layer Challenge

At Simplicity, Susan's One Layer Challenge this week is to use a border stamp on a card.  Use a border stamp or, if you don't have a border stamp, either create one by repeating a small stamp.  Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.
I have a stamp set from Martha Stewart that has some border stamps that I have never used so I inked one of them with some Memento Paris Dusk and stamped this very simple border on a white cardstock. Added some score lines with my Scor-pal.  Stamped the Thank You from a new set from Mark's Finest Papers "Thankful Mums and Pumpkin".  Like the navy color with the crispness of white card stock...nice change from my black and brown ink that I use so much.
Love these simple challenges but it does take some planning and the execution must be flawless since you cannot hide mistakes with layers, etc.

5 comments:

Patti said...

Boy you got that right about mistakes on these cards... can't hide them at all! Gorgeous card GF!

Donelda said...

this is so simple but makes such a great impact!!! Leave it to Susan to get us to start using our neglected stamps! Yeah!!

Carol said...

Love the crispness...that blue and white are really sharp! And, the score lines lend so much to the overall design. Great job!

Sue W said...

Perfect!!! love the dry embossed lines they really have such an impact on this card!

Susan said...

So true...definitely difficult to hide flaws on a one layer card! That's why my trash is usually full when I'm trying to create a card with just one layer! LOL! I keep on trying though!

I love the simplicity of this card...and the scored lines really add so much to the card. Love it!