Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kimono Inspired by Art Exhibit

One Stop Craft Challenges had a theme this week for projects with the theme ORIENTAL DELIGHTS. I learned how to fold a kimono with paper in one of my Stamp Club meetings last year. This was inspired by a exhibit of Kimonos made by Itchiku Kubota at the Canton Museum of Art....a beautiful showing of  his textile art of kimonos. Photos of his work can be found here.
I folded the kimono from a paper I downloaded and then trimmed it with a ribbon with gold beads. Attached this to a mat that I edged in gold and placed on a mat of lavender also gold edged. Used a base card of ivory.

Stamps: Fiskars Alphabet Clear Stamp - Basic Font
Ink: Versamark
Marker: Pilot Gold
EP: Rangers Gold
Papers: Bazzill Lavendar CS and others from Stash
             Pattern Paper downloaded from Internet
Ribbon from Collection

Fun to do this fold again for this oriental card.
Thanks for coming by!
Theresa

3 comments:

Patti said...

OMGosh WOW.... this is awesome! It's amazing what can be done by folding paper!

Carrie said...

Oh this is fab...I had to be squeezed into a kimono once..and I mean squeezed lol..so this looks much better lol..

Thanks for playing at one stop xx

Betty Benton said...

Great card -- wonderful kimono!