Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Dog Days of Summer" at TMITA

Pattie Nelson brings us the There's Magic in the Air Challenge this past week.  She wants us to use any acquired Paper Cupcake Image and be inspired by the words "Dog Days of Summer".

When I think of the hot days of summer, I think that the best place to be is near the water...a lake, a beach, a pool, or on a boat . I was inspired to use this image that I won a few weeks ago from TMITA "Beached Boat".  I decided to do a different type of card doing a scenic look without a lot of layers or embellishments. I colored the image with Copics ...still practicing....showing the boat tied up on the shore on a grassy clump in the sand. I named my boat the "TMITA"...maybe you can make out the name "painted" on the boat in the closeup. I stamped a sentiment from Gina K Designs "Life is Good"' by Theresa Momber with Memento Rich Cocoa. Card stock is GKD PL White and Tan Leather.

Hope you are keeping cool and enjoying these hot summer days ...that is if it is summer where you live.
Theresa

7 comments:

Patti P. said...

Theresa, what a beautiful card...great job with the copics and love your naming the boat. You know I love this image since I chose it also, but you did wonders with it. Great scene. Thanks so much for joining us this week at TMITA/PCC and hope to see you next week.

Olga said...

Such a grgeous card and image. Nina has so many wonderful images!

JessicaLynn said...

Great card, I really love the colors that you picked for it.

I currently have blog candy on my blog come and take a look!

Jessica Lynn
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

Patti said...

I love the scene you've created Theresa! Your coloring is spectacular!Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Paper Cupcakes!

Nilla said...

Fabulous card, love how you colored it! Nina will be very happy you named the boat TMITA!! Thanks for jopining us at Paper Cupcakes challenge! Hugs Nilla

Nina said...

Theresa, this is just so lovely, sometimes simple is a lovely way to go. It seems so serene and peaceful. I love that you named the boat TMITA as well, feel so honored! Just a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at Paper Cupcakes! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
Paper Cupcakes Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Dru said...

This is so pretty and peaceful - thank for playing!