Sunday, August 22, 2010

Color Challenge at STV

At Stamp TV Carla's challenge was inspired by the beautiful colors of GKD cardstock:  Passionate Pink, Lipstick Red, Innocent Pink, Wine With Everything and Black Onyx. We can pick any combination of these colors for our card.
I chose to use Innocent Pink, Lipstick Red, Black, and Cranberry Tart GKD Card Stocks for my card. I used stamps from GKD "Nana's Needlework" by Nina and stamped the quilt in black on Lipstick Red cardstock and paper pieced with a pattern paper from Basic Grey "Olivia". I stamped the quilt holder in black versafine on the pink CS and added the quilt that I cut out. I colored the holder in black pencil and OMS.  I paper pieced the hearts with the red CS. I used the sentiment stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk Ink. Added the heart stamp in Rhubarb Stalk ink and colored also in black pencil and OMS. Pink Mat is punched with a Fiskars Scallop Punch. All is assembled on a mat of wine and the black base card.

3 comments:

Patti P. said...

Theresa, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love all the paper piecing and the dp paper is so lovely as a quilt. TFS

Olga said...

I am so far behind commenting, sorry, been working plus yard selling, no stamping,your creations are beautiful!!!!

Patti said...

This is soooooooooooooo awesome! I could use that quilt right now! We have 48 with wind and rain! Brrrrrrrr