Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summertime Flowers

Seems like I have spent a lot of time watering plants this summer with all the hot days that we have had.  I chose to use this image from Isabella's Sketchbook in a card for her Open Challenge this week.  I used the sketch from Card Patterns as shown below and colored the image with pencils and OMS. Added the flower and brad to finish. Had meant to use another sentiment referring to flowers but stamped this one by accident. Oops!
Challenges:
Isabella:  Open Challenge
Stamp TV Color Challenge: Yellow and Green
Card Patterns: Sketch 175
Wild Orchid: Say it with flowers. First week for this challenge.
Papertake Weekly : Use a Garden Theme...my black eyed Susan are in bloom now...this could be a bouquet that I just picked.

Image: Isabella's Sketchbook "Watering Can Garden"
Stamp:  GKD "Say It With Flowers"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper: SU Pattern Papers in Green
           GKD Digital Paper Print in Yellow
            Yellow CS Unknown
Ribbon: From Dollar Tree
Nestabiliteis: Square

I ordered my first copics today...cannot wait until they come. I have been wanting them for awhile and finally placed an order after much deliberation. Thanks to my friend Linda for her advice on selecting colors.
Theresa


13 comments:

Patti P. said...

Love the colors that you used with the image this week. Good luck....your flowers are pretty in your slide show. Mine are not looking so great at the moment with all this heat.

Patti said...

This is absolutely bdeautimus! Love the sentiment... even if it wasn't what you wanted, it's perfection! You will love your copics!

Patti said...

I ment beautimus!

Olga said...

Absolutely goreguos!!! Congrats on getting copics, wish I could but.......maybe later.

wordbird said...

Lovely card, Theresa! Have fun with those copics! I'm still learning to use my handful...thak goodness for lots of good tutorials out in blog land! ;D Diana Q

Cec said...

What a pretty and summery card. Thanks for joining us at Isabella's Sketchbook again this week.
Hugs!
Cec

Payne Holler Cards said...

woooo hooo! I'm so excited for you - you are going to LOVE Copics!! cannot wait to see what you do with them...ooops - got so excited forgot to tell you that this card is adorable! love the sentiment and btw you nailed the color challenge....ohhhhhh cant wait for you to get your Copics (use Gina's 120lb cardstock - the color will blend beautifully and the Copic wont bleed through)woooo hooo!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so pretty. It does look like it just came out of your flower garden! Beautiful work on the Isabella's image. So happy you were able to have some fun with us at Isabella's Sketchbook this week!

Viv said...

Beautiful card Theresa and I think your sentiment works fine! You're going to have fun with your copics!
Thanks for joining us at Isabellas. Viv x

Randi said...

Gotta love that Linda, huh, as she is quite the enabler!! You will love Copics. Your card is stunning and I will have to try that sketch as it is cute. I am so glad that you got to play with us at Isabella's this week.

Sharon Keanly said...

A super sketch and I love that watering can of Isabella's. So pleased to hear you've ordered Copics, they are a dream to work with - enjoy! Thanks for joining in the FUN at Isabella's. We look forward to seeing you again next week.

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Theresa :-) I love the watering can ,, what a fab image and the colours papers and the fab flower are just perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

cats whiskers said...

What a fab creation love how you have used the flowers thanks for joining us at WOC this time
Hugs Jacqui x