Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stained Glass Inspiration

Brenda's inspiration challenge at Stamp TV this week was to be inspired by this beautiful stained glass decoration shown in the photo to the right and create a project.
I decided to create a stained glass look using a doily stamp from Gina K designs. I stamped the design on white CS using a dark blue ink and colored using Copics, Markers, and Jelli Metallic pens. I then wiped the design with versamark and heat embossed. I  cut out the image with a circle die and placed on a mat of red CS that I also covered with versamark and heat embossed. The photo does not show how lovely the glaze is on the image but it really shines in real life.  Click on the photo to get a better look. I attached the design to a silver metallic CS and then to a base card of navy. Added 3 silver metal brads with blue glass stone and the metal sentiment plate attached with 2 more of the same brads.
I made this card 5"x5" that seems just right for my design. I used a sketch from  One Stop Craft Challenge that  had a challenge to use metal with the sketch to which I also entered this card.

Stamps: GKD "Nana's Needlework" by Nina
Inks: Memento Paris Dusk
         Versamark
Markers/Pens/Copics: Memento Cantaloupe marker
                Jelli- Ink Pens: Metallic Green, Gold ,Silver
                 Copics B29, R59
Papers: GKD PL White, Bazzill Navy, Silver Metallic from scraps
Brads and Metal Sentiment: Unknown ...in garage sale buy months ago
SU: Glossy Glaze Enamel for Embossing

8 comments:

Olga said...

WOW Teresa, you have aced this one for sure! It's gorgeous

Patti P. said...

Theresa, this is so beautiful...wonderful way to interpret this challenge. Love your colors and the versamark, wish I could see it in person. Love the sketch--great job on this,also. Good luck in both of these.

Payne Holler Cards said...

yikes! you nailed this one!! absolutely gorgeous! love all the coloring - beautiful stained glass and sketch is perfect for this one!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely! Are you going to make a wall hanging out of this one?

Patti said...

I agree with Betty! This should be a wall hanging! It must have taken forever! So pretty!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful card, Theresa.

ladyjanet_56 said...

What a beautiful card & so much work has gone into it, love the image, colours & bling, thanks for joining us at OSCC, janet

Shelley said...

Wow how unusual and so nice, I love it. Thanks for joining in this weeks oscc.
Hugs Shelley xx