Friday, July 9, 2010

Some More Apple Pie

Today is a rainy day and I was catching up with some blog reading when I saw a "new to me" blog that I found a link to on my friend Patti's blog. The blog Create with TLC  has some lovely digis and also a contest but it ends today so act quickly like I did to make a card. Paulette at TLC asked us to create a card using the Vintage Baking Digi  that is free (the 395th follower freebie) and  enter it in the random drawing to win a $10.00 gift certificate to her store.
I printed the digi, colored with pencils and jelli-pens, sponged edge, and mounted on a mat of pumpkin spice CS. I made the background paper by printing an recipe on regular paper that I distressed by wrinkling and inked with ditress inks...seems to be a big trend to use ditress inks. Thought it would go nicely with the vintage image. Finishe by stamping a border of apples.
Image: TLC Vintage Baking
Inks: Tim Holtz- Tea Dye, Aged Mahogany, Brushed Corduroy
Stamp: Mark's Finest Papers "Apples and Camellia"
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Kraft CS and GKD Pumpkin Spice CS
Nesties: Label 9

Have a slice of pie...hot from the oven. You stopped by at the right time!
Theresa

2 comments:

Patti P. said...

Theresa, what a great card and love your idea of using the apple recipe. Beautiful job on your coloring. Don't you love this site? Did you get the butterfly image? Glad you like Tlc. Paulette is so giving with her images and they are so beautiful.

Sue W said...

Great job Theresa - I really like these vintage images.