Monday, July 12, 2010

Second Half of 2 for 1

When you do the Split Negative technique, you get 2 for 1 images for cards. This is the second card that I made for Linda's Blast from the Past challenge at Stamp TV.  This time I used her option  to do in just black and white.
I did this layout with a diagonal design using a black ribbon to creat a diagonal and then placed the cutout image at that angle. I like the way this popped out on the embossed background of a glossy CS.
Challenges:
KL Stampin and Scrappin: Use dry embossing

Stamp: GKD "A Year of Flowers" by Melanie
           and Sentiment "Inside and Out"
Ink: Versamark and Versafine Onyx Black
Papers: GKD PL Black and White
             White Glossy from stash
Ribbon: from Collection
Nesties Circle
Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots

6 comments:

Patti said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Sue W said...

Beautiful Theresa.....I like both your split negative cards.
Good luck with the challenge.

Risa said...

What a beautiful card! Your layout is awesome and your detailing is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Ceal said...

great card thanks for joining us at KLSNS this week!

Candace said...

This looks awesome! That is my favorite embossing folder. Thanks so much for playing along at KL Stampin N Scrappin! :) Hugs!

Ida said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the latest Annabelle Preview. There will be another one tonight.
Checked out your blog and this card caught my eye. Super awesome. Love the b/w color combo with the split negative technique.