Saturday, July 24, 2010

One Layer Wednesday

Christmas in July is the theme for Simplicity's One Layer Card Challenge. Rules: Use a single piece of card stock folded in half and the theme of your card must be Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza/winter. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.
 I used a CB EF to make this card....my plan was simply  to emboss the ornament on the CS and color. But first I had to figure out how to emboss without the "For You" that is across the ornament folder.  Once I figured that out and decided how to use the other side for embossing so I would have the raised area on the top side of the card, it was simple to complete.  This folder also came with a cutting die so that I used it to make a mask for the ornament.  I embossed the card and then covered the card with the mask so that I could sponge the ornament with color and gold. I highlighted the raised designs with a Gold Pen.  Finished with a gold embossed sentiment. I do think I like the end results....rather elegant and only one layer. The ornament seems to pop off the card.

Cuttlebug EF and Die: For You
Stamp: Creative Clear Stamps: Holiday Sentiments
Paper: GKD PL White
Ink: Tim Holt Distress Ink "Aged Mahogany"
       Versamark and Gold Ink
Gold EP: Ranger

4 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

HI there, have missed poppin in ..but just looked at all I've missed over here - you are so creative! I have seen you in several challenges and said a Hello (-:
hugs
Linda

Susan said...

Awesome job on this card!!! LOVE the embossing...and the inking looks awesome!

Patti said...

Wow Theresa! Perfect one-layer card!

Susan Raihala said...

Amazingly creative! The dimension added by the embossing is totally beautiful!