Monday, July 19, 2010

Love this Stamp from Flourishes

I just love how this card turned out. I used a new stamp from Flourishes that I received as part of some blog candy. Love these Morning Glory Flowers, one of my favorite summer flowers. I made the card using the layout from the Midnight Madness Challenge. I colored the image with pencils and OMS and added some glitter to the flowers. I added some distress look to the edges of all the mats with distress ink. Used a simple stick-on sentiment....is that cheating or just being lazy?

Challenges:
For Fun Challenge: Use your favorite coloring technique
Going Grey with Scraps: Summer Theme
Stamp: Flourishes "Flowers for a Year"
Ink: Memento "Rich Cocoa"
      Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Brushed Corduroy:
Papers: Basic Grey Cappella Matstack
             Bazzill  Textured Pink
             Ivory CS Unknown
Sentiment: Cloud 9 Sentiment Stickers
 Had fun with this card...thanks for taking a look.
Theresa

14 comments:

Olga said...

Beautiful! Love the image and your layout!

Carol said...

Theresa your card is simply enchanting. I love this Morning Glory image too! Your have colors and embellished it to perfection. So pretty!!! Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Patti P. said...

Theresa, lucky you getting Flourishes. I have a few but have not used them much. They are beautiful stamps and your card is too. I love those epoxy stickers and like using them.

Patti said...

I think Flourish's has the most awesome flower images! Your card is beautiful!

Sue W said...

I agree with Patti! This is such an elegant card Theresa - love it!
Are you playing along with us at ABS todays image is just so cute and very versatile - I'd love one of my blogging friends to win it!

Betty Benton said...

Just lovely, Theresa! I really enjoyed the look of that sketch too!

Lisa said...

Very soft and pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at fFC!

pam124 said...

Theresa, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS. SO soft and beautiful. Wonderful image, great colors, paper and love the font of the sentiment!!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining in The Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I hope you can tune in and play with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Crystal said...

WOW this is sooooo beautiful, LOVE the soft colors! thanks so much for joining us at Going Grey!

Kristen said...

Great card! Love your paper. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with scrap-creations!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Theresa - this is fabulous! I love your image and the delish colours! Great take on the sketch too! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love to see you play along! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Priscilla said...

Such a lovely card :) Your color are awesome. Such a wonderful entry and great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges. Thank you for displaying the CDAC badge :)

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

otomys said...

So soft and stylish, lovely colouring. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun Challenge this week.
Amelia x

Helen Dooley said...

that is a beautiful card. thanks for sharing it on For Fun.