Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Linda's Challenge at STV

I will start this post by saying I really tried to get the yellow to look better in this photo but with no success. I used several tools on Photoshop Elements but still not a true color. Guess I am a glutton for punishment because this is the third card made with this Yellow CS and posted today!
Anyway, I made this quick card for Linda's Stamp TV challenge and must get it in before the deadline. Her challenge was to use a Tag Die as a Decorative Element …and the “twist” is to use the FIRST Gina K Stamp set you purchased.  I used these papers for no reason but I had them already out on my work desk. I inked 2 floral stamps with markers and stamped on card stock and the cut the images with a tag die. Slipped some adhesive paper ribbon through ends of tags and mounted to the mat and base card. Added a little scrap of DP stamped with a sentiment and punched with border punch to match design in DP. Finished with Copic color pearls. Just had to use Copics in some way!
Stamps: GKD Tropical Windows
Markers: Memento Summer Sky, Bamboo Leaves, Cantaloupe
Papers: GKD PL Lemon Drop and White
            DCWV Linen Closet Matstack
Spellbinders: Ribbon Tag Trio Two
R& Co Paper Ribbon
Kaisercraft Pearls

May not ever use this yellow as a card base again...unless I find a better way to do photo.
Last Post today....enough yellow is enough!
Theresa

3 comments:

Patti said...

They call it mellow yellow! Reminds me of a song LOL! Your yellow is fine I love your card!

Olga said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love that die~

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just saw that you won over at Limelight on Monday. Wasn't sure if you knew, so congrats! This is a wonderful card also.