Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lili of the Valley Challenge

Third Post Today...got to meet those deadlines!
I just love these cute Christmas Bears from Lili of the Valley. I do hope they will have more Christmas designs in their August Release. This guy is called "Little Star".
This is similar to the card I posted earlier this week...liked it so much that I decided to make another one to enter in LOTV's sketch challenge.
I colored the image with pencils and OMS, the star with a gold marker, and used gold marker for the edges. Distressed the edge of card base, mats, and sponged image with distress ink. For fun, I added some fur to his cap. Had this left from a coat I made for one of my bears.  Very "Touchy Feely"

Challenges:
LOTV Sketch: See to the right
Christmas Cards All Year Round: Anything goes in July
The Creative Cottage: Touchy Feely
Just Cute Bears: Christmas in July

Image: LOTV "Little Star"
Sentiment: GKD "Very Merry Christmas"
Papers:  Basic Grey "Figgy Pudding"
             Unknown Olive Green CS
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Aged Mahogany"

I think I have a good start with Christmas cards but have a way to go.
Thanks for dropping in!
Theresa

12 comments:

CraftyC said...

A lovely card Theresa. I love the rustic feel to the bear. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Patti said...

Wowzers, you've been beary,beary busy! This is adorable!

Kat said...

This is really lovely. Love that sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears this week.

Kat x

Bev said...

Ah what a sweet card, the colours and papers match so well with the cute image and I just love his furry hat. Thanks for joining LOTV this week x

Helen said...

So sweet! I love the fluffy hat!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x

Tracy said...

wow this is so sweet I love the little bear and the fur on his hat, just so cute! great layout to. Thanks for joining us at The creative Cottage, Tracy x

Betty Benton said...

Your bear is a darling -- great job of coloring!

Olga said...

How cute! I love the santa hat!

Scrappy Mel said...

This is such a sweet card! I love how you coloured the little bear!

Becky said...

Oh wow! I just adore your card, what a cute little bear and the texture you've put on his hat looks so touchy feely!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage and Just Cute Bears!
Love Becky xx

Annie said...

I love your cute teddy Christmas card. thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at Just Cute Bears.
hugs, annie x

Sarah said...

Such a cute card!

Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.

xx :0)