Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gate Fold Card with Scraps

Linda 's Blast from the Past Challenge this week was to make a gate fold ...and the "twist" - to use only scraps! (with exception of your card base.) I decided to use  the layout from Card Positioning Systems and made my card 5.5" wide by 4.25" high..
I used a white base card and mats of white under the scraps from K&Co in a brown damask pattern and a brown with a pink flower design. I like these 2 patterns together. To carry out the colors, I stamped a script background in brown and layered on a green mat, another scrap for the center of card. I used a flower stamp that I inked in pink and green and cut out the image edging it in brown ink. Layered this on the script and assembled the card. Finished with a crepe paper flower that is easy to do. (See Video on Selma's Blog here.)  Flower is held together with a brad. Used a piece of Velcro (another scrap) to hold card close...easy to open. Finished with sentiment shown in photo.
Challenge :
Stamp TV : Make a Gate fold card.
CPS 176: Sketch shown to right

Stamps: GKD "Botanicals"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, SU Pink
Markers: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Marvy Baby Pink
Papers: K& Co Patterns
            Georgia Pacific White, Scraps-Texture green
Nestibilites: Blossom
Hope Selma does not mind my sharing her video.  She also has a great video for Vellum Flowers.
Thanks for dropping by!
Theresa

2 comments:

Patti said...

Love your colors, love your flower, love your scraps, love your card :0)

Betty Benton said...

Wow-wee!! This is gorgeous! Love the brown and pink!