Friday, July 9, 2010

Check Out the Celebration at Color Throwdown

Color Throwdown is celebrating their 100th Challenge with great prizes.... almost $1700 worth of prizes are up for grabs. Go to their blog here for all the details on their challenge, contest, and prizes.
I made this card for my entry into their 100th challenge.
I stamped flowers using regal rose on 2 of the flowers and red on the middle one. Ended up stamping 2 of the flowers a second time and cut them out and attached with pop up dots to give more dimension.  For more texture, I embossed the blue mat and highlighted the raised areas with green ink.
Details:
Stamp: Hero Arts-"A Real Candytuft"
            SU "Joy"
Ink: SU Regal Rose
       Memento Ladybug Red
       Memento New Sprouts
Papers: SU Pattern Paper (scallop oval mat)
             GKD Ocean Mist (mat)
             Creme de Menthe (base card)
Ribbon: SU Certainly Celery Color
Stick On Label: SU oval label that I stamped with "Joy"
Cuttlebug: EF Leafy Branches
Nesties: Oval and Scallop Oval

Good luck if you participate in  the Color Throwdown Celebration!
Theresa

7 comments:

Patti said...

This is so pretty! I thinks I needs to play!

Payne Holler Cards said...

I would love to play - but no time right now, bummer!
your card is beautiful - these colors are really a great combo - sorry you havent heard much from me...just swamped right now :(
have a great weekend
hugs

Our Little Inspirations said...

I love how you created the background and stamped the flowers! Thanks for playing along with the CTD!

debhorst said...

very pretty...Thanks for taking part in this exciting 100th Color Throwdown Challenge.....don't forget to hop around to all the blogs and leave some love...that will increase your changes of winning!!

Sylvia said...

Love your card! I like what you did by cutting out your flowers! Thanks for playing CTD!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty---I love your embossed background, and your flowers are gorgeous!

Olga said...

hopefully I'll get inky later, your card is super duper fantastic!!