Monday, July 19, 2010

Button, button, who's got the button? Or where is my Circle Die?

I know this is kind of a plain card and I had something else planned but could not find the circle die that I needed to cut circles the right size....MIA from my nesties. After I killed so much time looking everywhere for that piece of metal, I decided to do something quick but then it took forever for me to find the right size and select the buttons. Should of gone on to another project but was determined to use this sketch from Stamp TV Sketch challenge from Melissa. May not win any "stamping" awards but does fit the sketch. Ha!
Does look very masculine with the 3 buttons that have character more so irl. Used ivory base card and a mat of striped paper from the Cappella matstack. Used brown grosgrain ribbon layered with an aqua satin loop ribbon as a stripe.  Brown twine is ran through buttons (hard to see)  and added some ties between the buttons to finish. Stamped an appropriate sentiment in bottom corner. Not too happy with this but congrats to me for finishing!
Challenges:
Stamp TV Sketch Challenge: see sketch to right
KL Stampin n Scrappin: Use ribbon
Crazy 4 Challenges: Use buttons.

Stamp: GKD "Inside and Out" Sentiment
Ink: Memento: Rich Cocoa
Papers: Basic Grey Cappella Matstack
            GKD PL Ivory

2 comments:

Patti said...

So frustrating when you can't find what you want! Your card turned out fabulous! Did you ever find the die?

Candace said...

I love how you made ribbon work on this masculine card! Great job! Thanks for playing with us at KL Stampin N Scrappin! :)