Monday, June 28, 2010

A Button and A Bow

This card was made for Linda's Blast from the Past Challenge over at Stamp TV. She challenged us to attach a button to a bow BUT there's a twist! The button has to be "unusual", not the normal two or four hole button. The hardest part of this challenge was to decide which button to use. ....I have sooooo many. I started with another button but after I colored my image with pencils I changed to this lovely green button in my collection ...this one has flowers imprinted around the center. If you enlarge the photo, you may see it better. I used the sketch from Card Patterns which by the way is being sponsored by Gina K Designs this week.
Challenges:
STV Blast from the Past
Card Patterns : See Sketch Lower Right
Speedy The Cat's  Friends Challenge:  Use 3+ Flowers

Stamp: GKD "Signs of Autumn"
Papers: All from Stash
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Ribbon: SU
Punch: Fiskars
Corner Punch

I do wish I had a great story to tell about this button but I have no idea of its history!
Theresa

10 comments:

Olga said...

Gorgeous card, your coloring and bow rocks!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Theresa - AWESOME job! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Markie's Mom said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!!! I love it!
Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends.

Claudine Poch said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us again at Speedy's Friends.

Patti said...

Great button! You built a wonderful card around it!

Arlene said...

Great color combination - sharp and clean.

dstandard said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Joanne Travis said...

So pretty and sweet!
Thanks for playing in Speedy's Friends challenge this week!

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

This is lovely! I love the scalloped edges and that image & coloring is so pretty!

Dawn Mercedes said...

simple...yet inspiring!

Dawn
Speedy Cat's Friends Challenge