Friday, June 18, 2010

Poppies with Beads

At There's Magic in the Air, Patti brings us this week's challenge. The challenge is to use a PAPER CUPCAKES image and do a Monochromatic theme project. The monochromatic does not have to include the image although I used  red in the image.
I purchased this new release "Poppies" to use  in this challenge...love this flower and the image by Nina.
I printed the image and colored with pencils and OMS and matted on a DP from Basic Grey Max and Whiskers paper pad. Placed on a mat of black CS and then on a base card of red from my stash. Glued  beads from Queen &Co on the center of the poppies... a great look and texture in real life. Used a sentiment from GKD that I stamped with versamark and used black EP. I love the dramatic look that I got with the black matting and the beads. Hope this qualifies as a monochromatic look even though I used some black
with the red.
Poppies are such a fun flower!
Hope you pop some fun into your day.
Theresa

PS:My name was drawn at random. I won a digital stamp from Paper Cupcakes.

3 comments:

Patti said...

OMGosh Theresa... you have done these poppies proud! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!

Patti P. said...

Love this image...need to get it! I want to do this challenge and hope to post it tomorrow morning if all goes well. Beautiful card...love your colors.

Nilla said...

Absolute gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla