Sunday, June 13, 2010

Orange, Pink, and Green

Carla's color challenge for Stamp TV last Monday was to use  orange, pink and green (and neutrals, if needed).  As I do not use much orange this was a stretch for me.
I used the sketch from Beary Sweet challenge to get me inspired.
I used a stamp from GKD "Elegant Flowers" one of my first sets from her. Stamped with Memento New Sprout and SU Only Orange on GKD PL White. Colored this with pencils and OMS and added some glitter with Sakura Clear Star pen to stamen, petals, and leaves. Used base card of GKD PL Creme de Menthe. Cut one mat of GKD PL Innocent Pink and embossed with CB EF Leafy Branches. Inked raised areas with green and added glitter to leaves. The other mat is DCWV patterned paper already glittered. Used pink mats under each . Added photo corners that were also from DCWV. Finished with a ribbon stamped "Thanks".
For challenges:
Stamp TV STVColorcs2: Use Orange, Pink, Green
Beary Sweet Challenge: Use Sketch shown
Frosted Designs: Use Glitter

Hope today is a beary sweet day for you!
Theresa

8 comments:

Patti said...

This is really,really pretty!Love your focal image and your coloring is perfection!

beadz said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for playing with us at the Beary Scrap and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

CraftyGirl said...

Love your spring like colors on your card!! It is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!!
Barb :)

Olga said...

WOWZERS! this is one fantastic creation!!!

Joni Parker said...

Ohh..this is so elegant and beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Theresa,

Wow, you rocked this color combination. I don't use orange much either, but I think you've inspired me to give it a try!

Thanks for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan
The Beary Scrap DT

Jamie said...

Beautiful card, I love how each layer is different. Very nice!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Cassie said...

So pretty! I like the colors and layering.