Sunday, June 13, 2010

One Layer Challenge




I just love this new site, Simplicity, and their One Layer Challenges that I found last week. Susan's challenges are so great and it's fun to make these simple cards. Check it out here. Her challenge this week requires you to create a mask and use it to create a background on your card. You can punch, cut, diecut, or use a found object to create your mask.

I used Spellbinders Label 9 to make my mask and sponged the area with SU So Saffron. I stamped the Cattails and sentiment, both  GKD stamps from the set Life Is Good, with Memento Rich Cocoa.
Such a simple but a great masculine card.
Will enter this in Operation Write Home challenge to make a masculine card. Think the sentiment on this card will make it a great card to include in my next shipment to OWH.
Have a wonderful day.
Theresa

7 comments:

Bahb said...

Those colors look so rich, and the whole card just perfectly captures "clean and simple" without being boring.

Rats, I can't copy anything about it, don't have a single similar stamp even! And time is running out, for this Challenge. But you've inspired me with this card, so I must run to my box of stamps and see if I can pop something out right this minute.

Thanks.

Patti said...

Absolutely beautiful! I too LOVE that site... one of my favs!

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh my gosh, this must have been a challenge. We are so used to layering.... that going back to basics, for me, would be a real challenge. Well done Theresa and thanks for your many visits. x

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful card and it fits the OWH masculine challenge nicely! Thanks for playing along with us this week at OWH!

Susan Raihala said...

It's funny, but my first thought on seeing this card is that it is a great masculine card and would be perfect for OWH! Then I read that's exactly what you're doing with it. Good for you to support our troops in that way. They so appreciate all our hard work, and your beautiful card will definitely be appreciated! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Donelda said...

I love that cattail image and it looks good highlighted in your masked shape!

Operation Write Home said...

One layer is always a good way to go for masculine cards---this is great!