Monday, June 14, 2010

Life is Good

"Life is Good" is another Gina K Design stamp set by Theresa Momber that I have not used that much since I bought it so I am going to use the lake scene for this challenge from Linda at Stamp TV. Her Blast from the Past challenge is to use  colored pencils and OMS. This is my most used coloring method since I don't own any Copics.
I tried to get some shading in the sky and water and to create some shadows from the sun hopefully in the right direction. I have not done many scenic cards so this was a stretch for me using pencils. I cut the colored image with a Spellbinders label and finished the card with a simple mat of brown embossed and added ribbon to the mat and green eyelets to each corner. Think this came out as a very masculine card....a nice change from all the flowers that I do.
Challenges:
STVBLASTLP2: Pencils and OMS
Our Creative Corner: Cover your corners

Stamps: GKD "Life is Good" by Melanie
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Pencils: Koh-i-noor
Paper: GKD PL White, Chocolate Kiss
           Green Texture from Stash
Cuttlebug:  EF Herringbone

I do hope your life is as good as the one I share with my DH.
We are so fortunate to be happy and healthy in our life together.
Life is good!!!
Theresa

3 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

A lovely card Theresa. That lake stamp is gorgeous and so versatile. Well done! hugs Sharon

Patti said...

What a beautiful scene! Your coloring is perfection!

Julie - Kewlstamps said...

Great take on the challenge at OCC... thanks for joining us:-)