Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last of the Shaving Cream Paper?

This is the third card in a series that I have made with a background paper using the shaving cream technique that you can see here at Stamp TV.  I made this card for Linda's Blast from the Past challenge which I entered last night just in time for the deadline and am sharing with you today.
In the shaving  cream, I used SU reinkers Pretty in Pink, Orchid Opulence, and Old Olive. I love the effect that I acheived with these colors. I stamped the butterfly with Orchid Opulence and colored with green pencils and markers to match up with the background. Finished with the sentiment matted on green CS cut with Nestabilities Labels.

Stamp: GKD "Hope is Faith" and "Inspiration Mosaic"
Ink: SU Orchid Opulence
Papers: Ivory and Green CS from stash

Thanks for fluttering by my way.
Theresa

4 comments:

Olga said...

This is another beauty! You good at that shaving cream, butterfly is gorgeous and I love the sentiment you used~!

Patti said...

I REALLY need to try this technique! This is amazing.... so pretty!

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous background and beautiful butterfly! Love 'em!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love love love all your backgrounds - this technique is addicting - I still have probably 20 pieces left from the ONE day I was going crazy with this technique - but I love it!!! your cards are always gorgeous! you nailed this technique for sure!