Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just Us Girls Go Digital

Over twelve years ago, I first started making cards using only the computer and a couple of software programs-The Print Shop and Photoshop Elements.. Then I got into stamping and began to use more elements in my cards. Lately I have begun to use more digitals images and techniques so that I am now using  the computer more in card making.


Pam at Just Us Girls challenged us to a digital challenge this week by using a digital image on your card or using digital paper for our card or do both. I used a digital image from Isabella's Sketchbook "Mary, Mary" that I colored using Photoshop Elements and added the sky background using PS. I also added a digital lace border (unknown source) and a digital sentiment from Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs.  I then printed the image and border and mounted on purple mat embossed with CB EF Swiss Dots. This was attached to a white base card. I added some glitter to the lace border, dress, bow, flowers, grass, and sentiment and added colored pearls to the lace. Not sure if you can see all the details in photo. Finished with a satin bow.
 
Don't forget to water your flowers.
Theresa

4 comments:

Patti said...

That's why your so proficient at making cards with your computer! Experience is a wonderful thing.... and so is your card! Perfection!

Dana Gustafson said...

Quite darling! I can't believe almost all of your card is done on the coputer. Awesome! Thanks so much for getting digi with Just Us Girls this week!

Stampin' Pam said...

You did a lovely job with this week's digi challenge from Just Us Girls. Great color combo and cute image. Thanks for playing along.

Andrea M said...

ooohhhh - this is so pretty!!! Love the purple. Great way to go digi! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!