Saturday, June 5, 2010

Father's Day Card for a Birder

 I have been wanting to use one of my latest bargains...a bird stamp part of a set of 4 birds that I bought for $1.98 at a local bargain store. The bird on my card is a curve-billed thrasher often seen perched on cactus...found it in my bird book and here. I stamped on ivory CS and colored with pencils and OMS. Cut with Spellbinders Labels and placed on Brown PP mat cut with same dies. Used a base of brown CS layered with  mat of ivory and mat of green patterned paper. Used brown eyelets in corners. I have so many eyelets from a garage sale buy that I am trying to use them. Finished card with a circle sentiment that I printed on computer and cut with a punch.
I am entering this at
1. Stamp TV for Carla's first color challenge of chocolate, green and ivory.
2. Simon Says Challenge: Father's Day
I made this for my DH who is a bird watcher and photographer.
3.For Fun Challenges:  Card for a man ..can be a father's day or any man, just show them love.

Stamp: MS Birds Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Cardstock: GKD Chocolate Brown, Ivory
Papers: K&CO Green and Brown
Spellbinders: Labels

Do you take time to watch the birds in your yard? I enjoy watching birds at our feeders and bird baths.
Thanks for watching my blog!
Theresa

10 comments:

Patti P. said...

Good morning, Theresa. Love your card. Great job on the coloring and research. I love the birds in my yard. I have a feeder at the back of the yard and one in a mimosa tree that died. We didn't cut it all the way down and decorated all the limbs that were left with birdhouses that my Dad made before he passed away. I love it when blue birds nest in them.

Patti J said...

Love your coloring, Theresa - beautiful masculine card! Run over and enter it at For Fun Challenges - their challenge this week is to make a masculine card! Hugs...

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful card! What a bargain you ran across -- Love those!

CraftinGranny said...

Thank Patti J. for me for sending you over. Beautiful, serene card and great color.
Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week. Sure hope to see you back next week.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

Mary Ski said...

A different take on the man card. I like it. My DH is an environmental biologist so he would appreciate a bird card like this one. Thanks for sharing it with us at For Fun Challenges. (I love to get a bargain too)

Olga said...

I love watching birds and love your card!!!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, love that image :)

Thanks for joining us at For Fun.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Dena said...

Wow, what a great deal for a stamp huh!? Love your card!
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!
Hugs, Dena

Helen Dooley said...

How beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at for fun.

Lisa said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors. Thanks for playing with us at FFC!