Wednesday, June 16, 2010

By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea

I discovered a new challenge that looks like fun- Stampin' B's Design Team. I like their Mission Statement: "We stamp for the utter enjoyment of stamping. Rules be damned! We will enjoy each other's creations by commenting on them, praising them, and NEVER having a negative impact on another person's stamping in any way!" Their challenge this week is by Joanne- to make a Seashore Card.
I used an old stamp from Stampendous " Beach Day" and stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on kraft paper and colored with pencils and OMS. I used the Spellbinders Impressabilities Sea Scape to emboss a mat of kraft cs and inked with the Rich Cocoa. Cut a "frame" in the mat with Nesties Rectangle Die for the stamped image and assembled all on base card. Tucked a sentiment in the shells "Life is Good".

Now I wish that I were by the sea enjoying the sound of the waves and the warmth of the sand. Want to join me?
Theresa

6 comments:

Olga said...

Yes I do, take me away! LOL, gorgeous card!!!

Patti said...

You guys can pick me up on your way K? Gorgeous card GF!

Payne Holler Cards said...

wavin over here!!!! pick me up on your way to the shore...lovin this card!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful card Theresa!!

Mina said...

oooooohhhh yes please Theresa...stunning card, I love the aged feel of it and the background looks like an old tile...beautiful
Mina xxx

Betty Benton said...

Oh, wow, we're going to have a wonderful time together by the sea! Hope our stamp pads don't get all gritty!