Saturday, May 1, 2010

Card for Many Challenges

When I started this card, I was making it for the Cute Bears Challenge but then realized I was too late for that challenge. I then realized that the colors should be good for Stamp TV color challenge.  I finished it for that....has yellow, pimento, and greens from the colors to use from the DP shown on challenge.
Also meets requirements for:
Paper Take: do something different-use a fold or a technique or anything at all that you don't often do or have never done before.
A Spoonfull of Sugar: do 3d project
Lili Of the Valley:  create a summer theme
Project Tuesday: create a folded paper frame
Beary Scrap Design:  BSC#1 Theme May Flowers

This was my first time to do a folded paper frame and I used pop up dots that made it 3D. This was a fun technique making the frame.  My stamp has a summer theme - a bear watering summer flowers. I colored the image with pencils and OMS and paper pieced the dress and flowers. I also made the 3 D flower using a punch to make 3 punched flowers that I used pop up dots to attach together. Added dragonfly button. This was the most challenges that I have covered with one project!
Stamp: SU Bear Watering Flowers
Papers: SU Marigold Morning, SU Green PP from Simply Scrappin "Sunshine Garden"
            DCWV Sunflower Print Paper form Spring Stack ( I stamped the back of paper)
Punch: SU Flower Punch
Nesties: Scallop Square
Dragonfly Button from Stash

Thanks for taking a look at my card!
Theresa

13 comments:

Rose said...

oh this is precious!! thanks for playing with us on PT this week :)

Sue W said...

Theresa what a great card love the paper piecing and the built up flower - awsome job!!!

Bev said...

Fabulous card, love the design. THanks for joining LOTV this week x

sherrye said...

Your card is adorable. Love what you have done with the Project this week.
Thanks for playing along with us at Project Tuesday.

Patti P. said...

This is so great! How many challenges? You are good!! I love the flower and the image with the dp and those colors are beautiful. I don't remember if I thanked you or not for telling me about Isabella's, but I appreciate it. I love her images and have bought a couple to try. I loved the free one.

Patricia said...

Thank you for entering our first blog challenge, I just love the 3D effect. Good Luck.
~Patricia
The Beary Scrap Design Team

Kimm said...

Gorgeous Card! Love the techniques. Thank you for playing along with us at The Beary Sweet Challenge.

XXX,
Kimm

Elise said...

Oh yes! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've done the frame!!! Fantastic card! Love it! Thank you for playing in the Beary Sweet Challenge!
Hugs,
Elise

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Theresa - great card! I'm in love with your folded frame technique! Thanks for playing with our Beary Sweet Challenge. Good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

beadz said...

That folded frame is just great! Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at the Beary Scrap! Good luck.
hugs,
Gini

Jamie said...

Cool folded frame! Thanks for entering our challenge.

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Pops x said...

Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining us at LOTV with such a fabulous card, just perfect for summer
Hugs Jacqui x