Saturday, May 29, 2010

Card with Bookmark

I made a similar card to this sometime ago and for some reason this sketch said it would be good to include a bookmark in the center. This card is for the sketch challenge at A Fairy Creative Place. I usually try to use CCS Stamps for this challenge but these stamps seem to call out. The sketch is shown at lower left. I made the card with a bookmark that I stamped with ink on confetti CS and matted on green CS and then laminated. The card was made with the same image stamped on the card underneath the bookmark so when the bookmark is removed the card is intact with a image and greeting. The bookmark is held in placed with brads and tabs and slips out from the card for use.
Top Photo shows card with bookmark and lower right photo shows bookmark removed.

Stamps: GKD Elegant Flowers and Inspiration Mosaic
Ink: Versamagic Pumpkin Spice and Green
Paper: SU Marigold Morning
           Green and Confetti from stash
I hope you have a Happy Memorial Weekend if you are celebrating this holiday.
Thanks, Theresa

7 comments:

Patti said...

OMGosh Theresa this is so pretty! Love your image!

shelly said...

love this theresa..thank you so much for the wonderful idea with the bookmark attached to the front and image stamped underneath. and i too love the image!

Olga said...

This is amazing!! I love it and who ever you send it to will too!

Sassy Scrapin' said...

How clever! This is gorgeous and a great gift to!

Patti P. said...

Theresa, this can't be the card you weren't sure about posting!! It is perfect and I love your idea....maybe case it when I start stamping again? Hope your're having a great holiday week-end.

Betty Benton said...

You did it Theresa and you knocked it out of the park! I love your idea of the bookmark! I knew you were going to come up with something fabulous!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Theresa,
This is a great idea of card with bookmark. I really love it. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for your visit to my blog.