Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sketch Challenge for A Fairy Creative Place


The Sketch challenge shown on right at A Fairy Creative Place for some reason brought candles to mind and I just received this new sentiment from CCS so I envisioned this birthday card. Used a base card of Oyster Pearl that has a sheen to it and then embossed a blue mat with CB EF Happy Birthday. I wiped this with Brilliance Platinum Planet ink pad to bring out the embossing. Cut my "candles" and then used a Nestie oval die to shape the tops, stamped on stripes with a MS border stamp in SU Ruby Red ink but then used a Glitter Jelli-pen to highlight the stripes. Punched holes in the top of "candles" and added wicks for a real candle look. Finished with a strip of embossed blue CS and the sentiment "Cake on Fire" from CCS stamped on an oval which I popped up with dots.
The stripes on the candles were suggested by my DH who said they looked too plain as they were. He does come up with good ideas!

4 comments:

Olga said...

very pretty! Love the sentiment!

Patti said...

Very cool! Love the wicks, very creative!

Laura said...

OMGosh I LOVE THIS!! CUUUTTEE Cute Cute! Thanks for playing SKETCH PLAY this week Theresa!

Patti P. said...

Great card. Love the embossing and glitter.