Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day Card

Isabella's Sketchbook has their first Design Team in place. For the first challenge they invited us to participate this week with a project using ANY Isabella image of our choice. To read more about the challenge and the New Team go here. I won 2 Isabella's images for last week's challenge and decided to use one of my wins this week-"I Love Tulips".
I used the sketch from Just Us Girls Challenge shown lower right so will be entering that challenge as well.
I am also entering in Giovana's Mother's Day challenge

I colored the image with pencils and OMG and embossed the pitcher in the image with clear EP. Cut this with circle nesties and matted on pink vellum cut with scallop circle. Base Card is white CS layered with pink CS mat and another mat of DP called Lace...thinks it give a real lace look but is only paper. I embossed this "lace" mat with CB Victoria EF. Can you see that? It looks nice in RL. Added white satin ribbons layered with pink organdy stripe ribbons. Assembled card as shown and added pearls. Had made the photo and  then I remembered the challenge sketch shows a sentiment....so I made a sentiment with the computer, added that,  and made another picture. Not sure I liked better with or without the sentiment.
Image: Isabella's Sketchbook Digital-"I Love Tulips"
Paper: Georgia-Pacific White,Sandylion Lace Paper, Solid Pink from Stash Ribbons, Pearls from Collection
I think this will make a lovely card for my Mother.
Thanks for looking.
Theresa

23 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card and I love that lace effect background it does look like real lace.

Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge.
Jackie :)

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just so pretty! I love that lace effect on here, too. it adds so much, as do the pearls. such a lovely lovely card. your mom will be thrilled!
thank you for playing along with us at Isabella's this week. and congrats on last week's win! :)

Sharon Keanly said...

Hi Theresa, I just love pink, so soft and feminine. Love what you have created with Isabella's Tulip image. Good luck with the challenges and we look forward to seeing you at Isabella's next week. Your creations are stunning!

Cec said...

This is such a lovely Mother's Day card. Before I read the post I thought you added a layer of lace - great paper. Thanks for joining us at Isabella's Sketchbook and we want you to coma back again.
Hugs!
Cec

Sue W said...

Hi Theresa.........oh this is beautiful!!!! How funny that you and I have the same taste but I don't as yet own this one!!! Love all your cards and was thrilled to see you got a win last week!

Viv said...

Theresa this is just gorgeous! Love the lacy effect and the ribbon is beautiful. Congrats on your image win and good luck for this week too!Thanks for joining us at Isabella's Challenge . Viv x

Olga said...

Well congrats on your win, this card is gorgeous!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

gorgeous May Day card, nicely done....have a fabulous day!

enjoy *~*

Patti said...

This is one beautiful Mothers day card! Love how you used the ribbons in place of the panels on the sketch!

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi there kid-oh! this one is another beauty! love the softness (ribbon treatment is gorgeous and love the lace dp) Your Mom will love it - hope she is doing well...big congrats on your win at Isabella's last week and best of luck on this one! thanks for playing again - big hug!
Linda

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous card -- glad you put your winnings to good use!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a pretty Mother's Day card Theresa! So soft & feminine - like the addition of pearls! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls sketch challenge :)

Sue C said...

Really pretty Theresa, you've done such a lovely job with your shading . Thanks for joining us at Isabella's. Hope to see you again next week. Sue C x

Stampin' Pam said...

Theresa this is gorgeous - love the soft feminine look! My mom would have loved a card like this. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Annika said...

ahhhh...it's so wonderfully gorgeous! I LOVE your colouring and the choice of papaers and embellies, very soft and translucent effect.
Thanks for playing with us at Isabella's Challenges, hope you'll find time next week as well.
Hugs
Annika

Maria Levine said...

Very nice spring time card. Love the soft pink you used! Nice job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

wordbird said...

Theresa...Hi sweet lady! This card is beautiful. I saw it and did think you used real lace!! ;D Your use of the ribbons is so rich and beautiful! What a wonderful Mother's Day card! ;D Diana Q

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohh Theresa! This tulip image is so pretty. I love all of your lacey and satin touches. SO pretty! Thanks so much for joining Just Us Girls this week!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just lovely. Such soft pretty colors and the lace effect is marvelous! I like the sentiment - I think it's the perfect finishing touch! Wonderful entry for the challenge. So happy you could have fun with us at Isabella's Sketchbook this week!

Lisa said...

Hi Theresa! I just love your card!! I am a sucker for anything with hearts on it and combined with the tulips it is just Oh So Pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at Isabellas, hope to see you again next week!

Peri said...

What a love card! So pretty. The lace paper is really delicate and your use of ribbons and pearls is lovely. Thank you for playing along with us at Isabella's this week - look forward to seeing you again soon.

Giovana said...

Your card is beautiful Theresa! Thanks so much for entering my challenge.

God bless.
Giovana

Randi said...

Hi Theresa, your card is just beautiful!! I love the design with the luscious ribbon and the way you colored that smashing tulip image! I love tulips, too. Yours are framed so nicely on that beautiful lace paper and pretty pink vellum.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of art with us at Isabella's.