Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flower Power is the Inspiration for this Challenge

I am anxious to start gardening and planting but our weather is still too cold to plant. We have had frost the last 2 nights so I must be patient. I do hope my Iris that are starting to bloom are not hurt.  But one can still think of flowers in another way as shown in Gina K's Stamp TV video here in which she makes a basket decorated with flowers. Her challenge this week  is to grab some flower stamps and stamp up a garden! You can make a card, scrapbook page or a 3-D item.
I made this basket following her directions which are so easy to do. You must try one....a great gift idea.
I used patterned and glitter papers from a DCWV Spring Pack. Instead of ribbon I cut a border from one of the paper designs and attached to the handle. Using nesties, I cut ovals and stamped flowers from GKD Spring Floral stamp set for the sides and colored with markers and pens. Used Fiskars punch for scalloped edge on handle. Violas from our local greenhouse.
Are you ready to grow things too?
Thanks for dropping by.
Theresa

2 comments:

Patti said...

So,so cute! Love pansies... they have such cute little faces! I transplanted flowers yesterday. They belonged to a dear friend who had passed and her daughter let me have them. I have friend gardens... all my flowers have been given to me!

Payne Holler Cards said...

I have a "black" thumb, no gardening for me..but am hoping same thing - that my irises (DH planted) will hang in there with the cold weather - love this challenge! your basket is so adorable!!!