Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Casing Melanie

First time to case a card and I have to choose someone as a great as Melanie. What was I thinking???
 Melanie Muenchinger is a stamp designer/illustrator and Senior Design Team Member of StampTV. I just love her stamps and her creations. She has thrown out a challenge to create a card inspired by anything she has made on her blog Hands, Head and Heart or posted in her STV gallery, but change it up somehow giving it your own fresh spin! I chose to case this card which is in her gallery on StampTV and made with her stamp sets "A Year Of Flowers" and  "Pressed Flowers".  If you have not visited Melanie's blog or STV Gallery, please do. You are in for a treat.

 I chose to do my card with other flower and leaf stamps from these two sets and changed the colors to black, grey and white.  I know I cannot equal the beauty of her work but it was interesting to case this card with my own twist. I did the background mat with grey CS and stamped that with leaves in black. I stamped flowers on white CS and added some grey to centers by coloring with  pencil. I cut these out and used pop up dots on one for dimension. I stayed pretty much with the same layout as Melanie's card.

Stamps: GKD- Sentiment from "Spring Florals"
             Melanie's " A Year of Flowers" and "Pressed Flowers"
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: GKD PL Black Onyx,
          Georgia Pacific White
          Grey Unknown
Pencil: Koh-I-Nor

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day.
Theresa

3 comments:

Annika said...

I truly admire your card, what a beautiful and thoughtful sympathy card it would make - and those are always so hard to come up with!
Hugs
Annika

Patti P. said...

Great job on this Theresa, Love the images and colors that you used.

Paula Laird said...

This is just lovely. Beautiful and elegant.